- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
Our Company collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, address, email address, phone number, etc.)
- IP address(es), usernames and password, login details to 3rd party services (e.g. Office 365, Cloud AV solutions, Hosted Exchange management, Spam filtering services, Horizon phone system management, etc.)
- Accounts details (e.g. Invoice address, accounts contact, direct debit details, etc.)
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Our Company with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Sign an IT Support agreement.
- Request ad-hoc IT Support services.
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
Our Company may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Full machine backup and data recovery operations requiring us to temporarily store your data on a secure network attached storage device, or external storage drive.
How will we use your data?
Our Company collects your data so that we can:
- Provide you with high quality IT Support.
- Process your order with 3rd party suppliers and manage your account.
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
- Ensure annual services are renewed.
When Our Company processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases, and 3rd party suppliers for the purpose of delivery.
Black Cat IT Support Ltd does not process data outside of the EEA.
How do we store your data?
Our Company securely stores your some of your information in secure offices monitored by CCTV.
Other data, such as Usernames and Passwords, are stored in an encrypted password safe utilising multi-factor authentication (MFA).
Data pertaining to IT Support documentation is stored in Microsoft Office 365 leveraging strong passwords and MFA.
Our Company will keep your data for 7 years to coincide with accounting records. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data by removing it from our primary systems. For security reasons, if you move to another support provider your IT Support documentation will be deleted once handed over to the new provider upon being notified to do so.
Our Company would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner companies. (e.g. Cloud services that we resell)
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Our Company from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of Our Company Group.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, notify us by phone or by email using the contact information on our website.
What are your data protection rights?
Our Company would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Our Company for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a reasonable fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Our Company correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Our Company erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Our Company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Our Company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Our Company transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email:
Call us on 01634 95 95 95
Or write to us at email@example.com
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in.
- Understanding how you use our website.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Our Company uses these cookies so that we recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences or cart contents. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – Our Company uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Our Company sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising and analytics purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us on 01634 95 95 95
Or write to us at Black Cat IT Support Ltd, 72 Riverside Estate, Sir Thomas Longley Road, Rochester, Kent. ME2 4BH
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Our Company has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Call their helpline on 0303 123 1113